background


“How might we have joy in our lives, despite all that we may face? Again from the scriptures: ‘Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you.’ ”

Thomas S. Monson


Tuesday, October 05, 2010

"Daddy here! YAY!"

For months Landon and I have been praying for James to get home safely from his second tour in Iraq. So when it came to DAYS till he was back, Landon became extatic! He asked every morning and evening when we were going to the airport. Then the day arrived. I woke up before the sun was even up or coming up and Landon groggily woke up till my mom asked him while getting him dressed if he knew what today was... to which his eyes popped open and he sat up! "Today I get to see my daddy!" he practically yelled. lol When we showed up at the Seattle Airport, Tamara and Tyler were already there waiting. Landon played with Tyler till he heard me say that his dad's plane had landed. After that, when Tyler tried to get Landon to run around with him, Landon stayed rooted and said, "No I'm waiting for my dad." It was awsome to see them reunite after so long apart. Landon would not let go of his dad and I don't think James' smile could have gotten any wider.


So since we picked him up and spent some time together, Landon is always wanting to call his dad. But instead of me dialing the number, he wants to dial the phone number himself. So every time he calls his dad it takes a good 2-5 minutes to tell him all the numbers and make sure the number's correct before he pushes the call button. Then he proudly tells his dad that he dialed his number. He's such an independent boy with so much willpower and love inside. Last night he got out of bed after story time to tell me that we forgot to say bedtime prayers! I think that was my proudest moment of the day.
I love my spiderman loving, wanna watch Handy Mandy right out of dead sleep in the morning, "I'm gonna go fart in the dirty clothes" little man.

1 comment:

Our Journey with Gods Blessings said...

That picture with his daddy is so precious Autumn . You are a amazing mom and I am so proud of YOU and your such a beautiful strong woman.