background


“How might we have joy in our lives, despite all that we may face? Again from the scriptures: ‘Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you.’ ”

Thomas S. Monson


Tuesday, October 05, 2010

August and September

These last two months have seemed to slip by and thankfully I took some pictures to capture what happened during that time otherwise I might not have remembered. lol Been trying to spend time with family and friends. Going to football games is something that I have always loved and eating sunflower seeds while watching the plays is something new to me, but I think it might be a staple soon. :) My nephew plays on the JV team in Finley and sometimes on the Varsity and so Landon and I make it out there when it's a home game to cheer him on. This last time though Landon tripped while walking (which is a normal almost daily thing with him when he's going to fast and not paying attention to what's in front of him or under him) and cut up his elbow... which I didn't realize till someone told me I had blood on my neck! hahaha Yay! Especially with wearing the white cardigan I had on. lol Well we got it cleaned up and uncle bought him a licorice rope! No wonder why Landon likes him so much! hahaha I love the atmosphere around football and if they made a football team in the Tri-Cities for women I would be one of the first to volunteer. *dreaming of my Powder Puff days* :) This is Shelby (1/2 head), April with Logan, Wendy and Me.

Landon is Jeff's "buddy" and he loves to hang around him. Jeff always seems to have something that Landon would LOVE to eat or play with. :) So they are always close together when in the same room. I love the patience that Jeff has and the fact that he likes to rough play with him sometimes too. Landon doesn't get that too much with me... the last time he rough played with me I got hurt and told him to just rough play with the guys like Uncle Tom, Uncle Leon or Jeff. :)

This would be the bruise that Landon got when we were running the park together in and out of these parking things. I was running with Landon behind me and all of a sudden I hear the intake of breath and a thunk... that was Landon's head hitting the pavement after he tripped. Poor dude. Then a couple of days afterwards he ended up hitting the bruise on the side of my sister's coffee table while running in the house! I swear I am going to get his eyes tested asap.

Leah (my sister and daycare lady) took the kids to the Benton County Fair. They had a blast and here are some pictures of their day. I wish I could do collages like others do for their blogs, but I don't have the program to do it. So hope you are patient with the long line of pictures to follow...









Landon had a blast and didn't want me to wash off his spongebob that night at bathtime. lol He was so tired and had so much fun with NaNa and Leah and the kids.
This is my nephew Drake who is the cutest little thing. He is the most laid back, cuddly, smiley baby I know. I love his hugs and smiles. He and I have this thing that any time he sees me he comes over and plays with my earrings and necklaces. :) Thankfully none have been torn out or broken.


Misty and her family came over to go school shopping before school started and here is my favorite picture from their visit. :)

Linzey's first day of 2nd Grade! :)

Linzey went hunting with Alex and her dad and they came back with A LOT of trophies! :) She had a blast and couldn't stop talking about it for days.


This is a picture that Landon took of me and that I really like. It's funny. People don't understand that Landon knows EXACTLY how to work my camera... better than some adults who have used it. He knows how to take a picture, zoom in/out, review the pictures and turn my camera on and off while remembering to take off/on the lens cap. He definitely has given me a run for my money some days, but I love seeing his work from his point of view.


No comments: